How to Increase RAM on Any Android Smartphone? How does it feel when your phone stops responding or crashes in the middle of a game or takes a long pause for launching a single app?
Feels, frustrated right?
Over the passage of time, most of the android devices lag or slow down. Reason- lack of internal storage or RAM.
RAM is the main culprit behind lagging and slowing down of an Android device. It is the foremost reason due to which your smartphone crashes down or behaves sluggish.
Fortunately, like every problem, there is also a solution for this. But before that let’s understand what RAM is and why it is important for your smartphone’s good performance. Take a look.
What is RAM?
RAM means Random Access Memory. It is the device’s memory where your phone stores something when you are using it or when it’s doing something or performing any task. For instance, if you are editing a photo in an app then both the app and the photo gets stored in RAM for the meantime.
Why do you need to increase RAM on Android?
RAM makes the functioning of the phone smoother and offers multitasking on the phone such as opening multiple tabs and using more than one app at a time. Even for playing HD games and using a high-performance app, RAM is an essential requirement in any smartphone. Thus, if you have more RAM on your phone, you may make your phone faster and make it perform substantially better.
But, what if your phone is low budgeted and doesn’t have enough RAM?
Thankfully, there are few tips and tricks through which you may easily increase your Phone’s RAM and make your phone free from lagging or crashing. These tips may also tweak on device performance and may make a difference even if you have a high notch android device. So, let’s quickly take a quick glance.
Tips to Increase RAM of Your Android Phone
Here are the expert tips through which you may enhance your android device’s performance and boost its RAM.
1. Limit Widgets and Live Wallpapers
Widgets and Live wallpaper look fascinating but in reality, it drains your phone battery and engages your phone’s RAM. Yes, you have read it right. Most of the widgets refresh a number of times in a day and remain active constantly, they occupy an unwanted internal space and lays an unwanted burden on the phone’s internal resources. Thus, it is always recommended that you reduce or do not use the widgets or live wallpapers on your phone.
To reduce widgets on your phone, you may use the below steps:
- Tap on the home screen and go to the widget that you want to remove.
- Long Press it until you get the option “Remove” on the top of the screen.
- Drag the widget to it until it turns red and then release it.
2. Uninstall the Unnecessary Apps
Installation of apps occupies RAM space, thus it is necessary that you don’t clutter it with unnecessary apps and app cache. You should make sure that you remove the apps that are not used frequently.
To uninstall or force stop the unnecessary apps, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Settings>>Apps.
- Tap on the app. It will display the RAM usage in the last 3 hours.
- Select the app with higher RAM and tap on “Force Stop” to free up RAM.
- Or, you may uninstall the app, if you feel you won’t use it later.
Also Read: What is Smart Home Gadgets?
3. Disable Animations
Animations make the navigation look better and appealing on your smartphone. However, these animations often capture the RAM and make your phone run slow. As the usage of animations is just an add-on feature and not essential for the functioning of android, you may turn it off or disable.
To disable the Animations on your smartphone, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Settings>> tap on About Phone.
- Search for “Developer Options”. If it is not visible, proceed to the next step.
- Tap on the Build Number for seven times until it shows you a message saying you are a developer.
- Now, go back to Settings>> About Phone >>search for “Developer Options”.
- Go into the Drawing Section. You will find three options for animations: Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale, and Animator Duration Scale.
- Turn all the three Off.
Read More: Best Mobile Phone Tracker App: Review
4. Tap on Smart RAM booster
The last and the best option to increase your phone’s RAM is tapping on the smart RAM booster. You may find it with a good android cleaner app that is available on the Android Play Store. The RAM booster option of the phone cleaner app removes the clutter of cache files, app cache, and other unnecessary junk from RAM and frees up it for other functions of your smartphone. Moreover, the best android cleaner app can help you to boost your phone’s battery, manage files, apps, and many more with one single tap.
To boost your RAM using RAM booster, you should:
- Download and install the Advanced Phone Cleaner app on your smartphone.
- Launch it. On the home screen, you will find a RAM booster option.
- Tap on it. This one-tap booster will clear the junk and free up the memory space.
So, now you know how to increase your smartphone’s RAM and make it more efficient and faster. So, try these tips now. Also, do let us know how well these tips worked and how the android phone cleaner app helped you. You may also share your tweaks and suggestions in the comments.