How To Install and Use WhatsApp Application on Desktop. WhatsApp is a text and voice messaging application that became incredibly popular after it was launched in 2009 for having amazing features. Now, owned by Facebook, WhatsApp provides reliable, secure, and simple messaging services for free.
Being a free messaging app service, it offers users the choice for calls and messages on mobile devices (iPhone and Android) as well as on computer operating systems (Mac and Windows). This is basically what makes this app even more appealing in the eyes of its users. For the Computer operating system, one can use WhatsApp in the two options:
- WhatsApp Web: It’s an extension of your phone WhatsApp as it mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device using a Web browser.
- WhatsApp Desktop: It’s a version of WhatsApp application that you can download only for your computer system.
WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop is necessary to be installed on the Desktop, mainly for those users who spend most of their time on their computers. So, with the help of WhatsApp Desktop, they are simultaneously able to communicate with their loved ones while working on their computers and laptops.
However, to use either WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop application on the Desktop, one needs to download and install it on the operating system. So, if anyone of you doesn’t know how to download and install WhatsApp on PC, simply take help from the below-given steps to download and install WhatsApp on computer desktops.
How to Use WhatsApp Application on Desktop?
If you want the quickest way to use WhatsApp Application on Desktop, then use WhatsApp Web as using it doesn’t require the hard work to download it separately for the operating system. Instead, you can simply access it through the available web browsers like Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Firefox, etc. So, let’s get started with how you can use WhatsApp Web on Desktop:
- Open the ‘WhatsApp Web’ website, i.e., ‘web.whatsapp.com’ from your web browser. There, you’ll see a QR Code that is the most essential feature that you need later to connect your phone to WhatsApp Web.
- Then, from your mobile, either iPhone or Android, open your WhatsApp and go to its ‘Settings’ to select the option of ‘WhatsApp Web/Desktop.’
- Once you open it, click on the ‘OK’ button from the bottom of your mobile screen, and when your screen looks like a QR Code scanner, simply scan the QR code available on the WhatsApp Web website with your mobile.
- To do so, point your mobile QR scanner in front of the WhatsApp Web QR Code to finally scan the code.
- That’s it! Once you scan the QR Code with your mobile, the WhatsApp Web application immediately displays your WhatsApp account on your Desktop screen. You can now easily use WhatsApp on your Desktop.
As WhatsApp is available to download for free in the Microsoft Store app store, you can go getassist.net and visit the store to download the latest version of the WhatsApp Desktop app for your operating system. But remember that the desktop version of WhatsApp is only available for Windows 8, Windows 10, and macOS 10.9 or higher! So, if you have any of these versions of the operating systems, then simply follow the below-given steps to download and install the WhatsApp Desktop app:
- To download WhatsApp on Desktop, either visit the Microsoft store simply or other than that open your web browser, and from there, search for the ‘WhatsApp Online Download’ page.
- Then, go to WhatsApp’s download website and click on the ‘Download’ button to download the WhatsApp Desktop app according to your operating system.
- Once the download process completed, click on the downloaded WhatsApp.exe file to start installing the WhatsApp Desktop app on your system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions/prompts to properly install the WhatsApp Desktop app on Desktop.
- Then, open the WhatsApp Desktop and sign up on it or simply scan the QR code so that you’ll be able to log in to your WhatsApp account on your PC’s Desktop.